When you are looking for a builder to carry our a project how do you know which one is right for you?
There are a lot of options to consider when trying to decide weather a local or national builder is better.
This blog post will outline the following
What is the difference
What one is right for you
A key decision in the process of choosing a builder is working out if you would like to work with a local or national one.
So what are the key things you should look out for?
Local Builders: Are They The Right Fit For You?
A local builder is normally a small building group of about 10-20 workers.
They mostly carry out work in a local area but some can also cover other parts of the country or perhaps all.
A lot of people find local builders a better option to go with for many reasons:
- They can start your job quicker as they don’t have as much work on their hands as national builders
- As they are local you can see some of the jobs they have done yourself and speak to people in your area to get a reference.
- If there happens to be any issues after the job, they are close by so they can more or less see your job straight away
- Local builders don’t have as much money going out as national builders so there prices may be more ideal and suit your budget.
National Builders: Are They Right Fit For You?
National builders are bigger building groups and can be anything from 20-100 workers.
They normally cover a whole country or more and again there are many reasons people find national builders a better option to go with such as:
- Regional and local builders are similarly diverse in their level of options.
- Larger builders are more likely to have a design centre where you can make your selections, but small builders can usually allow you to see your options on display in a model home or recently completed homes.
- Regional builders often have a good sense of local design trends and will display them in their models.
Local Builder VS National Builder: What Is The Difference
So you are probably wondering what one is best for you right now, but there are some key considerations you should make when deciding who is the best fit for you.
Local Builder – You Get More Of A Say
National builders typically have established floor plans with set choices.
By working with a local company like LC Joinery Roofing & Building Work, you may have more of a say in the overall design concept.
You can have a greater role in the building process and you may be able to request changes to meet your specific needs.
National builders have local representatives, but ultimately they report to the home office.
With a local builder, the representatives and crew building your home are based nearby.
A local builder like LC Joinery Roofing & Building Work is focused on constructing high-quality homes for residents of Fife, Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Local builders rely on happy customers.
Your satisfaction and ability to interact with members of the business is invaluable.
Yes probably the most important one for everyone.
Local companies tend to have leaner structures and less redundancy.
On a national level, with more offices and greater payroll, many of the costs built into the construction of your home are necessary to cover overhead.
So What Is Best For You? Local VS National
There are no right or wrong answers here, and you will have your decision for a reason but we’d love to hear from you so
Have you ever worked with a local builder? What was your experience? Did you like it?
In summary, when you work with a local builder this can completely strengthen your relationships within the community, so we would love to hear from you.