LC Joinery and Roofing receive calls for PVC guttering replacement in Fife on a weekly basis.
Have you noticed a leak or just looking for your guttering to be upgraded around your property?
PVC guttering is one of the most popular choices for homeowners or even business owners.
What Are The Benefits of PVC Guttering?
PVC is relatively new in the field of construction, only making its entrance onto the construction market in the late 1970’s.
Did you know that PVC is the third largest-selling plastic in the world. PVC guttering quickly became popular and for a host of reasons:
PVC Guttering Pros:
- PVC guttering is made from moulded plastic and as such is exceedingly strong
- It is produced in one continuous shape and therefore has no seams
- The plastic surface shows less scratches, marks, dents or blemishes
- PVC is water resistant so does not freeze or corrode over time
- PVC is highly flexible which means no loss of shape when pressure is applied.The weight of leaves, snow, ice or other debris will have less of an effect
- PVC is less costly to produce, hence PVC guttering costs considerably less
- PVC is lighter, therefore easier to install, with less risk of harm to workforce
- PVC can be modified to adapt to any style and as it can be produced in any colour or shade, no painting is needed- therefore less maintenance
As with most things in life there are a few problems:
PVC Guttering Downfalls:
- PVC tends to get rather brittle over time and through exposure to sunlight and extreme weather. The guttering can sometimes crack if pressure is placed upon it.
The good news is though that when your guttering reaches this stage, the cost and simplicity of installation makes it possible to replace it with brand new, made to measure, aesthetically pleasing PVC guttering.
No matter what design, colour or size you require LC Joinery and Roofing can supply and fit your guttering.
PVC Guttering Replacement Fife
PVC guttering is very common these days. It is a cheaper option and is maintenance free.
We offer a range of PVC guttering from a basic half-round gutter to a deep flow gutter that has a bigger rain capacity.
For a more aesthetically pleasing option, you can have ogee guttering.
We also offer traditional cast iron guttering, again in various styles from half-round cast in different sizes to a Victorian ogee guttering.
- Exercise caution if you are considering replacing guttering or downpipes made from cast iron with PVC or another material. Seek permission from your local authority planning department if you live in a conservation area or in a listed building.
Contact LC Joinery and Roofing
If you are looking for new PVC guttering in Fife then contact us today.