Storm Damage Roof Repairs Fife
Do you have roof repairs needing carried out due to storm damage? Or maybe even a full roof replacement.
Storm Gareth is one of the many storms that has blown through Fife and surrounding areas in recent months.
Whilst you would expect your roof to sustain most weather conditions, a storm can dislodge tiles and slates, damage chimneys and tear off guttering which can cost quite a bit of money.
During a storm, there are many factors to consider;
Storm Damage – Rain
Rain itself does not typically cause damage to your roof but it is the biggest culprit of exploiting any weaknesses already present in your home.
Shingles that have been weakened by storm damage are susceptible to rain damage, causing leaks.
If there is any water where it doesn’t belong, you should repair your roof before it causes any structural damage!
Storm Damage – Wind
Behind the most powerful storms are strong winds. As the wind blasts your home, it can slip into any cracks in your roofing structure and force sections to break and fall off.
Storm Damage – Snow and Sleet
A sharp decline in temperature can cause brittleness in your roofing materials which can then snap under pressure.
Sleet in particular can be problematic! it weighs a lot and it freezes hard, trapping the cold against your roof for a long period of time.
Common Signs of Storm Damage To Your Roof:
- Missing, loose or dented shingles
- Damaged seals
- Missing portions of the roof
- Loose cast guttering and PVC guttering
- Missing roof tiles, i.e. slates , concrete tiles, plain tiles, stone, ridge tiles, hip ridges
- Water settling in the centre of the roof causing sagging in the middle
- Water signs on exterior or interior walls
Our Storm Damage Roof Service
- Perform a complete inspection of your roof
- Repair or replace flat rooftops
- Repair or replace tiles and slate roofs
- Repair or replace chimney brickwork
- Repair or replace guttering
- Repair or replace broken fascias and soffits
After a severe storm involving heavy rain and strong winds, it is wise to have your gutters, roof and siding all inspected for damage.
We recommend you fix your roof as soon as possible.
When a roof is damaged, it is exposed to the elements.
If it is left unrepaired you risk future leaks and damage to the interior of your home.
To get a job done safely and efficiently, you need a roofing contractor who has experience bringing homes back to their pre loss condition.
LC Joinery Roofing and Building work offer free inspections as well as emergency support during stormy weather. As a Which Trusted Trader, we can guarantee that any necessary repairs or replacements will be carried out with minimal interruption.